Ideal for high IO applications with the simplicity of managing SAS attached storage
The 2532 high performance direct attached storage system is ideal for customers implementing blade server systems for IT or telecom environments where high-speed and high-density, local storage is required. The 2522 is a natural upgrade for previous parallel SCSI deployments and are ideal for high density video streaming applications such as video-on-demand, as well as high definition imaging, video non-linear editing and post production.
The 2532 offers excellent performance measuring 230,000 IOPS (same sector cache), superior cache protection, and redundant, hot swappable components. The 2522 supports the latest 3.5 inch spinning disk technology to deliver higher IOPS performance in a 2U rack size.
The 2532 features a12-drive array housed in a 2 rackunit (2U) enclosure providing dual 3Gb SAS interfaces per controller to 3.5-inch SAS, SATA, or solid state drives. An internal SAS interface supports the expansion of the systems to support growing storage needs. Up to seven JBOD expansion units can be easily added.
With its powerful controller, the 2532 outperforms other systems for IO intensive operations such as transaction processing, business analysis, reporting. With up to 256 snapshots capability, it is offers more data protection for business critical applications such as email.
Advanced Data Protection Provides Instant Recovery
Is your data essential to your business operations? Then it makes sense to add data protection options - AssuredSnap™ and AssuredCopy™ provides the 2352 storage array with volume snapshot capability allowing point-in-time copies that can be used to maximize business continuity. AssuredCopy™ creates a full volume copy which protects against disk failures. Dot Hill's 'set and forget' scheduler capability gives storage administrators peace of mind, knowing the storage system is automatically taking snapshots and volume copies. Make sure you have the backups that enable quick point-in-time recovery.
Revolutionary connectivity, availability, quality and value
The 2532 uses patented SimulCache™ technology that instantly and simultaneously mirrors cache between RAID controllers, leading to significant performance improvements over traditional implementations.
The 2532 uses super capacitors instead of RAID cache batteries, providing infinite cache backup during a power loss while being environmentally friendly. Using super capacitors eliminates the need for battery maintenance, reducing the total cost of ownership.
Easy Management Tool with Wizards
Dot Hill's 2532 storage systems are easy to configure and manage with improved RAIDar 2.0, the intuitive Web Based Interface (WBI) which provides storage setup and monitoring without the need for host based software. RAIDar 2.0 contains installation and configuration wizards to make management easy.
Built in Redundancy and Data Protection
- RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 50
- Redundant, hot swappable components
- AssuredSnap™ - Snapshot capability
- AssuredCopy™ - Full volume copy capability
- Built-in schedule capability lets you 'set and forget'
Performance and Scalability
- Dual or single RAID controller or JBOD
- Data rates up to 3Gb/sec SAS
- 1.7TB base capacity that scales to 192TB (utilizing 2TB SATA drives)
- OS Support - Windows, Linux, SuSE, Solaris
- Modular design protects your investment
- Enterprise-class features at an affordable price
Easy Set-up and Management
- Unified LUN architecture streamlines configuration
- RAIDar 2.0 full featured management interface
Environmentally Responsible / Lower TCO
- EcoStor™ - Economically and environmentally sound technologies
- SimulCache™ - Low latency cache mirroring
- Battery-free cache backup
- DC power option
- 2 terabyte energy saving drives
- RoHS-5 and WEEE compliant